Friday, October 28, 2011

All The Single Ladies!

I don't think I've written a blog yet for all my single ladies, so I decided I would go for it. In this blog I want to get across some very important points that we should look at as we wait patiently (okay, maybe not all of the time) for our future husbands!

1) Don't look at those around you who may be dating, engaged, or married.

As I have gotten older, I have had many, many friends around me who have gotten married. I would get discouraged, and ask God, "Why them, and not me?!" and I slowly came to realize that He has things for me to accomplish as a single woman... men take a lot of work and attention! ;) God has a specific plan for YOU - a plan much different than anyone else's.

2) Stop looking for "Mr. Right", and start becoming "Mrs. Right".

There have been so many instances where I've had girls say to me, "I just can't find Mr. Right! There aren't any good guys anymore!" and they dwell on searching for "Mr. Right". Well, ladies, you must become Mrs. Right before you can find Mr. Right... I know as girls we are never wrong, always perfect, and completely faultless (HA!), but there are many things God wants to do in US before we can say "I do!"

3) Your identity must be found in your Creator!

This is SO crucial. Your worth, value, and confidence must be found in Christ. If you enter a relationship thinking that this guy will always say and do the right things to make you feel "special".... well, reality check, he won't. He's not perfect. Sorry to break it to ya! You must find yourself in your Creator. I was that girl who always needed a guy in her life to feel secure and beautiful, otherwise I didn't know who I was. Until I really discovered who I was in Christ, my identity was found in others! Focus on Him, and He will bring your guy in due time!

I love the saying, "A woman should be so lost in God, that a man needs to seek Him in order to find her."

I'm still learning each and every day more and more about this crazy journey of life with my Father. I don't have it all together, but, I hope we can learn from each other along the way!

Also, enjoy your single years! You won't get them back after you're "stuck" with Mr. Right! ;)

Be blessed, Pretty Lady.

Proverbs 4:23, "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." (NLT)

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Keep up the hard work of being a role model in your business. It is nice to have young women like you that my 3 daughters can look up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lexington! Keep up thy good deeds. for you'll have a crown awaiting. : )

    ReplyDelete