Friday, February 07, 2014

"Anywhere"

Wow - I am completely overwhelmed by all of the love & support each of you have shown me in these last few weeks with the release of my debut solo album! I could not have done it without you.  Thank you so much.
I wanted to post a few blogs the next few days/weeks with lyrics to the new songs & my heart behind each of them. I know that they have blessed me in many ways, and I hope they do the same for you.

While I was writing them with my friend Eric, we wanted to write songs that were raw & real. Little did I know that after the songs were done & finished they would be even more inspiring to me than they were while I was putting them together. There is one song that I have gotten many responses from and that's the track "Anywhere". This was one of the first songs we wrote, and I fell in love with it instantly.
There was just something different about this one. It hit so close to home with me. I was experiencing such a transition in my life, and I was feeling so many different emotions (a lot of loneliness). With my sister not playing with me anymore, beginning a journey with my solo project, and the new adventure of moving to Nashville, TN. By myself. No set plans. No job lined up. Just stepping out in faith & trusting that the Lord was going to provide along the way. And, wow - has He ever.

Through days of tears, loneliness, fears, and doubt, God has shown up in greater ways than I could have ever imagined. Even when I felt the furthest from Him, He was there.

God is crazy about you. I pray you're encouraged by this song. (Romans 8:39)




Caught in a race
No end
No finish line
Caught in my ways
While blessings
Pass me by

Chasing the wind
Trying to hold it in
But, treasure that was
Turns to dust again

As far as the heavens
Deep as the ocean
Cold as the winter
Lost in the motions
You find me anywhere

Searching for things to satisfy
A thirsty soul
Searching for peace
When my heart's still at war

But no matter the distance
No matter the enemy
I'm never abandoned 
Never beyond Your reach

As far as the heavens
Deep as the ocean
Cold as the winter
Lost in the motions
You find me anywhere
Oh, You see the beauty
Make whole the broken
Tear down the shame
Give hope to the hopeless
You find me anywhere

When time and again
I turn from Your embrace
Nothing is forfeit
Nothing can separate


("Anywhere" by Lex Anderson)



Much love,

Lex 

1 comment: