Thursday, June 23, 2011

Life is so precious...

It was 2 weeks ago at 2am when I got a call from one of my friends that made my whole world stop. I didn't hear my phone ring because I was sleeping, so he left a message. The message said, "Hey Lex, it's Ryan, I called your mom's phone but she didn't answer. Call me back as soon as you get this." To be honest, I thought that him and some of his friends were prank calling or something. The next morning we got a call from another very close friend. Before I knew it, I was in tears while yelling, "No! It's not true! It can't be!" It was heart-wrenching news on the other end of the phone. One of my dear friends had been in a motorcycle accident near Reno, and he didn't make it. My heart dropped, and I didn't even know what to do with myself. He was only 23 years old. If you've ever lost someone close to you, you know exactly how I was feeling.

You know, death is a part of life, but it never REALLY becomes a reality until you lose someone dear to you. I have experienced death in other circumstances, but this one was different. Death became so real to me, and life became so much more precious. We are only given one life here on this earth. How are we living it? Are we waiting around for life to come to us, or are we out making the most out of the life we've been given? Nate lived life in the fast lane. He always gave 110% in everything that he did. I can honestly say that he lived his life to the fullest. He always put others before himself. What a wonderful model for us, huh? Living our life putting others before ourselves. That takes humility, sacrifice, and selflessness! We have to become less, so that Christ can become MORE! This is something we should live our every life by. We live in a lost and hurting world where everyone is searching for something to fulfill their deepest desires, and the only One who can do that is Jesus Christ!

"He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less." -John 3:30

"How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog - it's here a little while, then it's gone." -James 4:14




Nate, we celebrate your life because you lived life in celebration. You will forever be missed, loved, and NEVER forgotten.

[Lex]

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Lex! What a hard, hard situation... wow... I just know God has got something in store because of this. What a testimony of a young man that loved Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's so wonderful that even though something so tragic happened, the testimony of his life will help bring others to the Lord. Thank you for sharing! :) God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through a really similar circumstance about 5 years ago when my friend Leisha was hit by a car and killed, at 16 I can remember her faith being well beyond her years and her death was the catalyst for a lot of people to turn toward God. My faith wasn't strong then but I can see how God was using the heartbreak and pain to mold and teach me. I pray that he does the same for you and those affected by your friends death. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how that feels, i found out about a close friends death in an accident via text message once :(

    ReplyDelete