Monday, November 28, 2011

In Times Of Loneliness

I was texting one of my good friends last night about life and where we are both at. We are both working our butts off to accomplish our dreams. Of course, we are doing what we love to do, but there comes times when we both could agree that we feel lonely.

We both seem to keep quite busy, which keeps our minds focused on other things, but the hardest times for me is at night when I am winding down and getting ready for bed. When I clear my head of everything that went on during the day, I am sitting there on my bed - alone... or am I?


My friend and I talked about being single and the struggles we face each day as we often see our other friends who are engaged or married. We know that the Lord has purposed us where we are in this moment, because He has things for us to accomplish as single women, but it's hard not to have moments of loneliness. I think we've all experienced that. 


I just got done reading a book called "Plan B" by Pete Wilson, and in this book he talks about the "Plan Bs" in our lives. When things don't completely turn out the way we hoped they would, and we are on to plan b.

As I was reading this book last night  there was a part that hit me like a ton of bricks and it was this, "Do you know what the most frequently stated promise from God in Scripture is? God promises us over and over, 'I am with you.'" 


Maybe you are experiencing a different kind of loneliness?


-Loss of a loved one
-Broken friendship
-New job, new location, new people
-Parents separated


Whatever it may be, God is there in the midst of it. Even when we don't feel or sense His presence, He is there. Right beside us.


"In this way, they will know that I, the Lord their God, am with them..." - Ezekiel 34:30


"...And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." -Matthew 28:20


It's right there. He has written it to us. Showing us that He is there - always.

God never intended for man to be alone, that's why He created Eve. He knew it wasn't good for Adam to be alone. But sometimes, even when you're surrounded by others, there can still be a feeling of loneliness.

There have been times when I am on the road traveling, and I am in a van of 8 other people, and I still feel alone. Perhaps that's because I am distant from God? He hasn't distanced Himself from me, but I think at times I distance myself from Him, because maybe I feel as though I don't need Him at times?

It's important to have a community of friends and family to encourage and lift you up in times of loneliness, but it's also crucial that Christ is the center of your life.

"I have told you these things so that you would find comfort in Me. In this world, you will suffer; but be courageous, for I have overcome the world!" -John 16:33



5 comments:

  1. That's interesting, the time I feel the most alone is at night before bed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jesus is not real. smh fake and gay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could make my blog / podcast as cool as yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that blog! It was great don't Let loneliness get u down that's when it usually attacks me too when i lay down at night.stay strong in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome!! I just finished writing a post about this very thing and what God has been teaching me. :) Thank you for sharing!!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete