Wednesday, October 30, 2013

New Beginnings

It was just 8 years ago when my sister and I set foot on our first stage, along with our good friend Chad who played drums with us at the time. We never thought that would be the beginning of an amazing journey. We spent many hours rehearsing, writing, traveling, and playing shows. It was more than we ever thought it would or could be. We toured the U.S. and met some of the most amazing people in the process. It was a dream come true.

When Torre and I started playing music, I imagined us performing next to each other for many, many years to come. I think a lot of people thought the same. Little did I know that our time next to each other, playing music, would come to an end. I make it sound super dramatic sometimes, but do you expect anything less from me? ;) It truly was the best thing for the both of us. It has been such a blessing, and we know God has BIG plans for our lives.

Fast forward and here I am, writing a blog I never really thought I would write. I have started a new journey, and I am... well, terrified. I am so excited for this next chapter, but there are always times of doubt & fear. Thankfully, God has put fantastic people in my life who let me know when I need to shut up & focus on the bigger picture. It's not about me... it's not about me... it's not about me...

So, in 2 weeks I will be on my way back down to Nashville to finish my debut solo album. I have been writing it with my good friend/producer/co-writer Eric, and I am amazed at how these tracks are coming together. There is so much heart & so much emotion in them, and I really can't wait for everyone to hear these songs.

To those of you reading this, thank YOU for supporting me AND Bright Light Parade every step of the way... I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for your love & encouragement. Here's to the next journey...

"As far as the heavens
As deep as the ocean
Cold as the winter
Lost in the motions
You find me anywhere"

- "Anywhere" by Lex Anderson


4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you. I've seen you grow into a strong steady woman of God and I'm so proud of you. I cannot wait to see where your faithfulness to God will take you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Are My Idol Lex Honestly You Are Amazing And Super Awesome I Wanna Be Like You One Day Keep Rocking

    ReplyDelete