Friday, June 20, 2014

Remember My Promises

It was a Sunday evening, just a week & a half ago, when I was standing in a room filled with hundreds of people joined in a time of worship and became completely wrecked. I can't remember what song we were singing, but I do remember so clearly what the Lord spoke to me. I fell apart. I knew without a doubt that He was placing something on my heart, and it wouldn't leave my mind. There were three words I kept hearing in my head, "Remember My Promises", and I haven't been able to forget since. (I am just about falling apart again as I write this. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude, comfort and peace.)
As I stood there, I no longer saw the person to my left or to my right, everything was tuned out, and it was just me & the Author of my life. I suddenly saw a replay of His promises run through my mind. And, the prophecies & words that were spoken over me since I was 15 years old. I felt like I was watching a movie reel. These pictures, words, and moments were as clear as day, and they brought me right back to those places where I received them.
I quickly realized I had forgotten those moments, up to this point... but, I knew I was being reminded again. I had let the motions of life, and the plans of my own lead the way. I allowed my discouragement, insecurities, bitterness, and fears consume me. And, with just three precious words, my eyes were no longer facing the ground, they were facing the One who goes before me, and establishes my steps. I felt a sense of peace, God-given confidence, and comfort.

"Remember My Promises.
Remember the park? After the baptisms? It was one of your first missions trips to Mexico. You were young, and I called you into music ministry that day. You didn't believe it at the time, but it has come to pass. I have been faithful through & through, leading you every step of the way.

Remember the building you were in, sitting with your family, during an evening church service? I spoke through that Pastor that night and he told you that you would reach the masses with the songs I would give you. Those were My words. Those are My promises.

Don't forget the countless times I have spoken to your heart with My still, small voice. Don't forget how I've spoken to you through others I have placed in your life. Remember all of the promises in My word that were fulfilled. My promises are good.

Stay close to Me, and Remember My Promises..."





Love you, friends. Be encouraged. 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool Lex! I am impressed by your spiritual maturity. These words will help me in my spiritual journey today as well.

    Thanks!

    Jordan Flom

    ReplyDelete