Thursday, June 13, 2013

Waiting Season

If there is one thing the Lord has been teaching me lately it's how to be patient & trust Him. And sometimes when you think you've got it all figured out, He throws a curveball. I have quickly come to learn that I can have plans (and plans are good, as long as you're willing to let those plans change), but God usually ends up redirecting me. He doesn't do it to throw me off course, but He does it to help me get off of MY course and back on to HIS course.
I am currently in a season of waiting. I used to think that when people told me to wait on the Lord, that it literally meant to just sit and wait. I thought that to "be still" meant to sit, watch television, eat some ice cream, and wait for the Lord to come down and show me the way. Oh, how ignorant I was. But, with godly counsel & wisdom, I soon realized that waiting on the Lord meant seeking Him through all that I was doing & continue to work, doing His Will. That meant loving others, glorifying Him in all that I do, and being obedient.
Just a few months ago, I thought I had the next 5 years of my life figured out. I had a plan. I was ready to move forward. It was all lining up. And then, all of a sudden, everything started to change. Plans fell through. I was hesitant to move forward. And I felt the Lord was moving me in a different direction. Confused? Yes. Discouraged? Yes. Just when I thought I had my life somewhat figured out, and heading in the right direction, He came to shake it up a bit. At the time it was frustrating and hard, but I knew God had a greater plan. So, when He urged me to move a different way, I knew I had to follow His lead.

I encourage you today, this week, this year that you would learn to wait on the Lord. Maybe He is waiting for the perfect timing to move you into the next season or chapter of your life. Until that time comes, continue to seek after Him. Fall more in love with Him. Keep your eyes focused on Him. Stick it out through the hard times.

I love how the Message Version puts these passages of scripture.

"God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
    to the woman who diligently seeks.
It’s a good thing to quietly hope,
    quietly hope for help from God.
It’s a good thing when you’re young
    to stick it out through the hard times." -Lamentations 3:25-27 (Message)



1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing view. God has a plan for you, and is leading you in the right direction, you have a voice, and sound footing on god's path. You are not on the bus. and by that I mean through life when we ask god to safe us, its like he gives us a ticket to the bus to heaven, but he challenges you along the way, to get off the bus and worship, praise, or show his love, some Christians hide and stay on the bus and just go along with the ride, its amazing to read this writing of yours, because your not only passionate about god, or your music. but your passionate about challenging yourself and others to get off the bus, and show gods love, and wait for him. Its super cool. -T.J. Nick

    ReplyDelete