Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Letter To My Future Husband


I’ve been journaling to my future husband for over 7 years now, and won’t stop until I meet him. My journal consists of many achievements, hardships, and tears. I think about him often, and wonder who he is. I can’t help but pray for who he is now and who he will be when I meet/know him. I don't write many blogs to or about him, but I decided I would post a few. I know that for me as a single woman, seeing posts by other young ladies talking about the man of their dreams is very encouraging. As well as seeing posts by young men who do the same for the women of their dreams. I hope this can be an encouragement to even one person. Here are a few things I have been praying for/over my husband...

My Dream Man,

I’m praying for your…

Mind – That it would be renewed each and every day. That you wouldn’t conform to this world, but that you’d stand boldly on His Word and be set apart. I know you will be different than the rest. I know that you'll teach our boy(s) to be men of God as well. [Romans 12:2]

Hands & Arms – That they would be strong hands that work to provide for our family, gentle arms that would hold me when I'm being ridiculous, and most importantly worshiping hands that fervently praise our Creator. [Romans 12:2]

Feet – That no matter where they go will always follow God’s lead. Because you should know I will be following your lead in our marriage, and I desire to know that your steps are the steps God has called you to take for you, and for us & our family. [Psalm 119:105]

Heart – That it would be pure & wise, and love the Lord above all else. I pray that if it's been broken or abused that the Lord would mend it & make it whole again. I will cherish that heart more than you even know. [Matthew 5:8]

Eyes – That they would be set on Christ. I know that they will be one of my favorite qualities about you, and I pray that they will be focused on the Lord each & every day of our lives. [Psalm 123:1]

Lips – That are slow to speak, and full of praise for our God. Also, that they would speak words of wisdom, kindness, and love. When we have little girls, I want them to hear from their daddy how beautiful they are, how special they are, and how much he loves them. I pray that your lips will be life-giving. [Psalm 63:3]

Ears – That they would be quick to listen. There will be days that I will need to just vent, and I pray that the Lord will give you an EXTRA dose of patience in this area to be able to just listen. That will be one of the many things I will admire the most about you. I know you'll keep me sane. [Matthew 11:15]

...just to name a few.

Love, 

Your Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment