Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More Than Enough

My heart is overwhelmed with joy tonight as I sit & think about all that God is doing in my life. I stepped out (felt more like a giant leap) in faith 2 months ago, and moved to Nashville with an unknown future ahead of me. The unknown has always scared me, I like to be certain of what's ahead. But, God opened the door & I walked through. I'm learning so many things on this new journey, and most importantly that God is MORE than enough. Always. Yeah, we can say that He is - but, to truly believe & experience it is something that is beyond words.

I have never felt closer to Him than I have since moving here. The first month and a half living here, I was in a new house, in a new town, AND all alone. It was incredibly scary. There were nights I would stay up late until my eyes couldn't stay open anymore. I felt like packing up my things & driving back to Minnesota (okay, I wasn't THAT desperate yet, but the thought definitely crossed my mind). I knew that going back home would be easier. But, honestly, I didn't want easier. I wanted to HAVE to depend on Him, because I was not strong enough on my own. I would spend my nights praying, praying, and praying... I found myself leaning on Him more, and just trusting that He was going to give me peace & comfort.

I miss my family. I hate being away from them. I hate that I can't just walk up the stairs to see my mama knitting, my dad watching his sports, and my sister sleeping (because that's what she likes to do). I wish I could eat dinner with them. I wish I could squeeze my little sister so tight that it makes her want to punch me (she doesn't like hugs very much). But, as much as I wish all of these things, I know that God has placed me here, at this moment in time, for a very specific reason. I wouldn't have moved if I didn't know He had so evidently opened the door. I KNOW, without a shadow of doubt, that He is going to use me in a unique way to further His Kingdom. That is my heart's desire.

I am in tears as I think about all that God has shown me & brought to me in the last 8 weeks. I am undeserving, but somehow He still showers me with His sweet, sweet love. I wish I could express how many ways He has provided for me. He has given me such a confidence in Him. I no longer fear being alone, because He is always with me. I no longer worry about finances, because He always provides. And, I no longer doubt the woman He has created me to be, because He has shown me who I am in Him.
The scariest & greatest thing I said was "Here am I." - now, here. we. go.

No comments:

Post a Comment